Monday, June 17, 2013

God listens

Today, my prayer was for God to give me a sign. As it turns out, when you pray, God really listens and gives you more than what you asked for.

He gave me A LOT of signs.

First, there was a succession of Facebook posts on my feed about "do what you love", "no regrets", and "seize the day." When I posed the question, "Is this a sign?" a high school classmate who I really haven't spoken to since, well, high school gave me an all-caps YES. A friend also replied, "Follow your heart," as if she knew what was deep in my heart.

Then, a few hours later, I saw this photo on my feed:

Granted, an acquaintance had posted this to promote a job fair-- now just wait a minute...!

I decided to check out my Rappler app for some news and saw this article: http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/31458-seven-ways-squash-self-doubt

Add to the mix the advice that former colleagues have so generously given me about the existing options in my life, and I suddenly have a lot to think about.

One thing has been made clear to me today: that this is not a decision to be made lightly. But God will be there to guide me every step of the way and lead me down the right path.

If you could pray for me too, I would appreciate it very much. Because, after all, there is power in prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Love you dude. Do what you think is right, and I'll support you to the best of my abilities! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ab, what is this all about? I'm so intrigued !!

    ReplyDelete