Saturday, June 22, 2013

Weekends are made for these!

I love waking up on a Saturday morning knowing that there is absolutely nothing on my agenda. The weekend is young! Time to do the things I love to do!

For the second straight weekend, I started the day by watching a DVD while watching breakfast. I have a whole stack of DVDs since we love collecting movies, and this one has been sitting in the bin for months:


It was a little heavy for a Saturday morning, but it made me all the more curious about the woman Marilyn Monroe was. She seems like such a complicated person, based on what I've learned also from watching the recently-cancelled series Smash. It was a pleasant surprise to know at the end of the film that it was based on a true story. And of course, it's always nice to start your weekend with some eye candy:

Eddie Redmayne as Colin Clark
(I have a thing for thin, lanky, geeky-looking actors. Heehee!)


I'm also in the process of updating my playlist. Currently loving this song that makes me want to start jumping up and down on my bed and shaking my head until I get dizzy and collapse in a tizzy!
"I Love It" by Icona Pop
I love it! I don't care!!! I love it!!!


And of course, there's Michelle Chamuel, who may not have won in the recently-concluded The Voice, but has won a lot of space on my iTunes. Although, I have to say, listening to winner Danielle Bradbery also convinced me that she has a bright career ahead of her. She does, indeed, have the voice (pun intended) to make it in this business. I'm just not a fan of country music, so there are only a few of her performances that I enjoyed. Like her rendition of this:



This was performed at the Battle Rounds against Caroline Glaser, who I felt had such a unique voice that anyone would be able to identify immediately on the radio. It was a shame that she didn't make it through the competition. Check out her rendition of the same song-- both versions are stellar and so different. Blake Shelton should never have paired these two! I hope someone gives her a record deal.


Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment